Saturday 12 May 2018

Looking after eyelash extensions


It's fair to say that I have never been a HUGE fan of my eyes, I managed to inherit my mums dark circles, my dad's straight (but to be fair) long eyelashes, and with my blonde hair they're very fair at the ends! All these factors together means I'm constantly having to use eyelash curlers and can never use anything other than waterproof mascara or else the curl drops out.
Now I am fully aware that this is probably the biggest first world problem.....maybe ever?! But this lead me to getting eyelash extensions and I wanted to let you know how I got on with them.

After umming and ahhing for so long I finally took the plunge and got my eyelashes done at my hairdressers, I ended up having them on for 5 weeks and then a week off and then having them done again with them lasting a further 6 weeks! At £45 they aren't particularly cheap but if you go to the right place and get them done correctly they can last you a whole eyelash cycle, and if it can cure my insecurity of my eyes it's well worth.

Looking After Your Eyelash Extensions

It's a pretty obvious point but I really think that the more you look after your eyelashes the longer they'll last.
In order to keep my eyelash extensions healthy I made sure to never really touch them, not get them wet (although you can as they are waterproof) and to brush them with an eyelash brush once a day, I was given a new eyelash brush every time I went to get them done but I have linked some for you. When brushing the eyelash extensions you want to do so very carefully and brush them from the top of the lash rather than underneath as this tugs on them less.

I have decided to not get any more eyelash extensions over the Summer purely because I spend every holiday in the sea and although they are waterproof I don't think they're made to be pushed around by waves or splashed by the salty sea.

Would I bother again?

Once Autumn arrives again I will definitely get my lashes done.
I absolutely loved getting them done, the look of them and most importantly it took such a small amount of time to get ready in the morning because I found that my face already looked done after waking up and so I wouldn't bother putting on as much makeup.

Are there are side effects?

Now personally I did have a reaction to getting them done, I either had an allergic reaction to the glue or to the pads put under the eyes but this only resulted in bloodshot eyes for a couple of days so it was no big deal.
The person doing your eyelash extension should request you to go for a skin test before getting them done but if they don't I would definitely ask to make sure you have no issues with them.

Do they damage my natural lashes?

I must admit after having them taken off some of my lashes do feel a little bit shorter than before but I think that's probably to be expected.
But there's no doubt in my mind that after a break over the Summer they'll easily get back to how they were before, and it is certainly not something to make me hesitate getting them again.
I do also think they're probably slightly shorter in places because of where they might be in their cycle.
I did tell my friend that I thought they were a little bit shorter than before but she didn't believe me, so it's nothing noticeable!

Please ask if you have anymore questions about eyelash extensions I would love to help you to decide if eyelash extensions are for you!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig